Survey, What is CRHL?
What is CRHL now?
What should CRHL be?
Please answer the following. Send your responses direct to me at [email protected] Please don?t post here. Please be candid no matter how brutal or grammatically bad your email is.. I have heard it all before and can?t help make it better without your input. Please put your answers right into your email, no attachments. However, don?t send me general comments like ?CRHL has to get my club more funding? or ?CRHL has to clarify the rule on whether we can use a #00 on our jersey?.
1. What did you get out of CRHL this year?
2. What did you put into CRHL this year?
3. How long have you been a member of CRHL?
4. What is your relation to CRHL (ie; player, coach, parent, other-please state)
5. Did you see any changes in CRHL this year as opposed to years past?
1. What do you think CRHL should do for the national as a whole?
2. What do you think CRHL can do for your club as an individual?
3. How much authority do you feel CRHL should have over your region? What about over your club?
1. What do you think your region as a whole contributed to CRHL this year?
2. What did you as a club or individual contribute to CRHL this year?
3. What do you think you can contribute to CRHL for the future?
To give you some ideas, below are a few things the ECRHA BOD had to say (not all inclusive). Budgeting and expenditures are of extreme interest, as are the legitimacy of current financial practices. A problem ECRHA faces right now is that we are already addressing much of these items within and with exception to the unification of college roller hockey and wanting to share our information and systems, we are stretching to find tangible benefits of our membership in CRHL-something that we hope to smooth out this summer. So here are some ideas for your responses:
1. Research of all individual policies and relationships that teams have with their universities. (ie; club status, student organizations, no recognition)
2. Provide a skeletal system of legal guidelines to MO's, such as a framework on how to have a Board of Directors and a base idea of different positions and responsibilities that need to be filled in the MO itself (ie; president, chairman, secretary, webmaster, scheduler, statistician)
3. Research the relationships of universities with their satellites, campuses, etc and DEFINE what a team really is and where it can actually be derived from.
4. Research who is legally responsible for entering a club into a league and who is responsible for payment.
5. Create standard contracts and forms (ie, contracts with rinks, teams, schools)
6. Set up game structure (this is pretty much done)
7. An efficient Rulebook. (This is almost a closed issue very shortly)
8. Host an NCT
9. Host more ETS (Elite tournament series)
10. Sets up enforceable standardizations such as the DI and DII enrollment figures. (basic standardizes guidelines)
11. Bring back a BOD that has more input and checks and balances of the Executive Board. Make a criteria and minimum attendance regulation.
12. Regular conferences and chats, more updates and dialogue throughout the season.
13. Research national discounts or ?sponsorships?
14. Provide more validity before the school so that schools feel confident in the soundness of the structure.
Your turn. Again, please submit to me at [email protected] with Subject line ?WHAT IS CRHL?. Any one can respond HOWEVER, anonymous emails will not be read. Please include your full name, email addy, and relation to CRHL. Your responses will be kept confidential.
Deadline is May 1st, 2003.
Rebecca<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mikeburke on 04/18/03 00:18 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
Re: Survey, What is CRHL?
Important information needed. Simple steps please.
Please add to this list, no lengthy dialogues at this point:
What should CRHL do?
1. Provide an identical internal structure for every region to follow. Including but not limited to a Board, ACC Committee, Corporate practices and structure
2. Unified accurate rule book and referee training
3. Uniform registartion procedures
4. Uniform paperwork such as contract for rinks, player profiles, etc
5. Define the league to the member schools and provide tangible information to them
6. Provide a National Championship Event
7. Nationally market the league (ie. Pepsi, Coke, Nike)
8. Nationally promote the league to media