Here's my current take on the rankings in Division I of the
Mid-Atlantic Region after two weekends of play. Since there are only
11 or so teams in the first division, I figured that a top-6 is more
relevant than a top-10. Keep in mind, only games against divisional
opponents count towards records.
1. Altoona - No real divisional tests this weekend. Undefeated with
with one tie.
2. Delaware - Haven't played Altoona or PITT; will have a clearer
picture after they play both; tied Penn State 3-3 - blew
their chance at going against Altoona and PITT with no
losses or ties; undefeated with one tie
3. Pittsburgh - Disappointing 1-1 tie with JMU; undefeated with two ties-
Lost step on Altoona.
4. Penn State - Back in te saddle...sort of... 3-3 tie with Delaware;
10-3 blowout of RIT last weekend a turning point after a
disappointing start; two losses in divisional record (pitt, alt)
5. RIT - Haven't played anyone above in the poll except Penn State;
(10-3L); one loss on the season
6. JMU - faced 47 shots against PITT, but tied 1-1; lost to Delaware
7-0... go figure
anyone have better opinions?