The WCRHL getting ANY respect is a relatively new phenomenon. If it wasn't for their outstanding performance at nationals last year it would be the same old "ECRHL this" and "MCRHL that". Each division rises and falls year to year though. I do think that the WCRHL has the most talent and parity ever, compared to previous years. It is truly a division where regionals could be won by any of the top 5. It is very believable that they would all be in the top 10 nationally. However, my to 10 would look more like this:
Originally Posted by hockeyguy18
1. Lindenwood (until they are beaten they are #1)
2. Michigan State (Closest game to Lindenwood)
3. Cal Poly SLO (I'm a little biased but they looked very strong in Santa Barbara last tournament)
6. West Chester
7. Long Beach
8. Stony Brook
9. Ohio State (Beat Michigan State)
10. At this point it's a toss up between ASU, Neuman, and Bethel.
This isn't based any math. Just my opinion of where the teams currently stand. Rankings in the NCRHA are always up to heavy interpretation as there is not very much inter-regional play but they are always fun!
UCSB Gold Coach
Cal Poly SLO Alumni
Former SLO Club President