Professional Roller Hockey 2008 and on...
They are many ways to make true Professional Roller Hockey work, but there a lot that don't.
- Start by running the League like an 'A' Ice Hockey League (EPHL & MAHL).
- Play in smaller arenas with no more than 2,000 seats (keep arena costs down)
- Similar to NLL play players, but not enough for them to live off of. (Players would keep day jobs, lessen salary costs)
- Play a 14 game schedule and only on weekends (similar to NLL)
- The league must be full contact and fighting must be allowed. Roller Hockey is already a very skilled game. Just because there is checking does not mean the skill will disappear. People want to see hitting plain and simple.
- Place franchises in Roller hockey hot beds.
- Set up leagues such as the AIHL, and the PIHA that can serve as a feeder system.
- Play showcase All-star games all over the country during the off season to boost the buzz about Roller Hockey.
- Get agreements with NHL, AHL, ECHL, IHL, and SPHL to be the league summer training programs. Roller Hockey improves your ice hockey game.
- Get Agreements with those same leagues to promote your league.
- In the end in your market establish a fan base, acknowledge your minor and junior roller teams, and advertise! Advertise! Advertise! Get your name out there.
- Make everything from your website and logos/jerseys look PRO (be original and get a professional to create your logos for you)