- The biggest story was SLU's come-from-behind 7-5 victory over Truman State. Newcomer Shaun O'Rourke's third-period natural hat trick brought SLU back from a 5-4 deficit. O'Rourke had five goals and seven points while leading SLU to two wins Saturday. SLU is back. O'Rourke gives them a tremendous boost.
- Mizzou B tied Lindenwood Gold 2-2 this morning. That's a team who could win it all. Kevin McFarland is one of the best goalies in the GPCIHL, all divisions.
- St. Charles put a scare into UMSL this evening. UMSL had a 5-0 lead, but SCC scored four unanswered goals to make it 5-4 before UMSL pulled away to win 8-4. UMSL won both games today, and has one tomorrow (noon vs. Meramec...Illinois isn't going to stay for the 4:00 game). PJ Tallo had 9 points today, IIRC.
- Lindenwood mercied Illinois State in the season debut of Travis Fudge. LU has a light weekend -- their second and final game is tomorrow against UM-Rolla. Next weekend they'll play five games, including a cross-divisional clash with Truman State.
- Mizzou survived back-to-back games (4:00 vs. UM-Rolla and 5:00 vs. Meramec) to improve to 9-5-0. Their third and final game of the weekend is against St. Charles, who will be looking for revenge after losing 8-3 in the teams' previous matchup.
- With three wins, Missouri State (10-0-2) rolls along as the only undefeated team in GPCIHL DII. They play SLU on March 1.
Truman and MSU will get higher seeds, but SLU now has the best player in the league, plus the experience of last season's Nationals run. DII regionals could be very interesting.