Okay, here we go...
Everybody, absolutely everybody, that we have spoken to over the past three months agrees that we need to produce a national-level event -just for girls- that is not a late throw-in or last-minute add-on to a boys' event. Our girls deserve this.
This event would be of such high quality that all our girls programs around the country would want to support it. We in El Paso are going to try very hard to deserve to be that program!
Accordingly, Please allow me to actually issue this as a legitimate invitation RIGHT NOW, and we hope that you can plan for this directly:
We are proud to enthusiastically announce the All-American, All-Girls Inline Hockey Festival, to be held Thursday through Sunday, June 18-21, 2005, at the Nations-Tobin Municipal Inline Hockey facility in El Paso, Texas.
We will update this message board posting at least monthly between now and then, but here is the present list of the stuff we had hoped for this year, and will indeed have next year!
1. 64-page game program,
2. ground transportation free to flying teams/families,
3. a hotel package deal that's a really good deal, restaurant discount deals,
4. medals and team awards second to none,
5. certified, elite-level referees,
6. an expanded division format: five teams each in 10 & under, 12's, 14's, and 17's! (Hey! just like the boys, eh?) Players can also play up an age group on a second team.
7. For the older girls (and maybe some of the younger ones, too?) our local boys are just as or more excited about this event as the girls (duh?!?!?!)
8. guaranteed minimum five games (3, 12-minute stop-time periods), one hour time blocks,
9. swimming pool and picnic events, right at Nations-Tobin Park, next to the rink complex!
10. sanctioned by USA Hockey Inline, and we hope to make this event an annual pre-cursor to the USAHIL Girls' nationals that are scheduled in August each year.
We are still only going to charge an entry fee of $75 per team for this event!
We hope that everybody can plan to join us for this event. If your team/group has an interest, please email me at [email protected], and we will get you additional details as well as contact points for other girls' programs nationally.
We hope to see everybody out on the blue floor in the coming year!