Having been accused by people I trust of bashing others (bummer), let's see if anybody wants to get at this for real:
Step 1. Before anybody says anything positive about how good their choice for NGB is, let's all get on the table our criteria for selection. Okay, I'll start...
Operations Standards for National Governing Body (NGB) sports organization:
1. Registration. The organization sanctions leagues and facilities, using a published set of criteria for minimum standards?registers all players as individuals?registers coaches and officials, with multiple-registrants receiving a price break.
2. Staff?has a full-time, paid staff to administer, develop, and promote the sport. Points-of-contact within the organization are available direct to the participant.
3. Non-profit Status? is registered and operates on a not-for-profit basis.
4. Tournaments?offers defined, regional and national tournament competitive opportunities in Open, Competitive, and Recreation levels of play. Additional opportunities are offered for Girls/Women, and older age group tournament play?sanctions local/regional tournament opportunities.
5. Level-playing-field Philosophy?establishes regulations and mechanisms that give fair opportunity for success to all participants.
6. General Player Development?offers education materials for players, coaches, designed to develop skill, tactical, physical, and psychological component knowledge of the game.
7. Elite Player Development?offers a step-by-step, open participation, set of opportunities for elite players to develop and participate in national and international levels of play.
8. Insurance?offers a landlord and third-party group liability insurance coverage to leagues, players, facilities.
9. Inclusion?provides mechanisms of input and response into its operation processes that participants have access to.
10. Geographic Inclusion?offers program opportunities to all parts of the country.
11. Mass Communications?develops and maintains mass communications media to inform at the participant level.
12. The Future?looks ahead at trends, growth opportunities, and options?hosts local-level communications sessions regarding the future?actively works toward continuously expanding opportunities for all participants.
Now, I can tell you two things about this process...everybody knows that my choice, USAHIL, does not meet every one of these criteria presently.
Second thing, before you are going to tell me that your choice does all these, you had better be prepared to tell me exactly how, and cite examples...I will not be accepting, "yeah, my choice does that..." as a non-validated assertion.
Okay, guys, please feel free to put up or shut up (sorry). If we are going to have a positive discussion, rather than a negative debate, and/or shouting/namecalling match, then we need to get everybody's cards on the table...
you are not allowed to assert a choice until you have proffered your list of evaluative criteria, eh?
Let's see what you got...
<font color=purple>DannyG</font color=purple>