:)OK, first, I have to ask, why is there always negativity when someone is trying to start something good? I thought I left that up North and was coming to the land of Southern Hospitality!!
1. To answer your comment about a handfull of players showing up- players called and confirmed their participation however they all could not make the Sept date which is why there is a second date. Also, Mr. Alley traveled to other parts of GA as well as TN and AL to accomodate interested players that were not available on either dates, to see them play.
2. People are scared, out right scared to jump in and join something that they are not directly involved in. Especially when money and travel are involved. Once one guy gets involved then they brings in someone and then another and then another. This is what is happening. With the Oct tryouts I am sure we will be staffing both a full Pro and full Minor team.
3. As far as NO advertising: Advertising is in stages. You advertise for your players where your taget base is located. That promotional issue has been done. It is not a lack of interest but yet a lack of commitment. Radio and Television do not enter the advertising picture until you have "Something" to advertise. The next step is to advertise the team when you have one.
4. As far as the Derby girls advertising, I'm sure they appreciate your free plug, however they have active sponsorship and are already established. They also had a team of "girls" working their butts off day in and day out running around doing what 2 people are doing in the Stingers Organization. As I have been told by one of their own who we have just recruited to our organization the Derby Girls went through the same rough stages of inception just like everyone else.
5. We could really use help with Federal Paperwork for Non Profit filing, Insurance secretary, Medical Documents keeper, advertisement, sponsorship, bank trustee, contract signing, PIHA rules and regulations committee, Penalty assessment committee Game Day Sponsorship, Game Day giveaway (which need to be solicited), Game day program, ticket printing, Game day table sales, Game day bench coach, Game day water boy, Game day refreshment sales, Game Day set up and clean up, Announcer, score keeper, equipment purchasing, washing of uniforms, running to the post office, making phone calls, writing thank you letters, sending out sponsorship letters, meeting with potential sponsorship so we don't have to miss class or work during the day, contract negotions with the rink, players and sponsors, calender person.,.
I am sure EJ and I would be willing to give up a some of these and few more jobs that WE are doing to make this team a success in Savannah. SOOOO if you have any time on your hands that you can positively offer to help this team succeed please feel free to email me directly at [email protected]
or call 912-704-2587. I can put you to work immediatley after the drug screening and criminal history background check. Your help would be much appreciated. By the way this is all volunteer work, only pay check is the pure enjoyment of the game.