View Full Version : B Division Bid Projections
03-05-2007, 07:35 PM
With the newly expanded B Division at nationals (12 teams) it won't be as easy as just taking the #1 team at regionals in each division. Assuming that each region will send at least one team that leave 5 teams that were runners up. With absolutely no cross regional play...how do you pick?
My predictions are the following:
Michigan St. B
Colorado St Green
Texas A&M B*
Cal Poly SLO Gold
Central Florida B
*These two teams look very close but I don't know which or both are deserving of a bid.
**Central Florida B has been to nationals in the past and done well but I can't tell if there was a B regionals in the SECRHL or what exactly happened there. All I can see is that Florida and Central Florida ended their season in a TIE!!! so....ya...i'm lost.
The only thing i might change would be one of the Texas teams for Central Florida.
03-05-2007, 07:46 PM
There was at least some cross regional play, we(Michigan) went to an ECRHA event. We went 3-1. Beat Towson, Binghamton, and Temple. Lost 5-4 to Buffalo.
03-05-2007, 08:30 PM
I saw that Michigan B forfeited their regional finals against OCC because they got scared and didnt want another @$$-whooping and have it look bad on their record!!
03-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Well if you want to know the real reasons for not playing that game there are several.
1) Unlike what you may think, it wasn't because we were scared to play OCC again. I don't think you play a team three times before that and then decide you're dousing your drawers at the sight of them the fourth time.
2) We had already played 5 games with a short bench and pulled one of the guys up after the MSU win. That means we would have played the finals with 6 guys.
3) The "championship" game didn't mean anything to us. The true championship game was against MSU for the Auto-Bid.
4) We didn't want to have anyone injured in a game that didn't mean a thing. We have a future at nationals this year.
5) Finally, and most importantly, we wouldn't have had a goalie. Regionals was held over our spring break and our goalie made plans to fly out Sunday. We made an assumption that if we made the finals it wouldn't matter since the Auto-Bid would be handed out in the Loser's bracket finals. We were right and he caught his flight.
I'm sorry OCC didn't get to spank us again in the "Championship" game, but we had a bigger picture to look at.
very classy, hockey16. clearly, it would take a genius of Oakland Community College proportions to figure out that you play for OCC.
03-05-2007, 10:13 PM
There were no B teams at the SERCHL regionals. This is b/c UF and UCF played 3 times and we(UF) beat them 2x and tied them in the last game of the season. That game was pretty much meaningless but they still never beat us this season nonetheless.
03-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Its ok. I saw Michigan perform at Nationals last year and they got spanked and went 0-3 and went home early. Their team isnt that good this year and will get their @$$ handed to them again at Nationals this year.
03-06-2007, 01:56 AM
Michigan has a solid B team I have been following them all year and have recently applied electrical tape to my helmet to replicate their trendiness.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.