View Full Version : Predictions Mason Dixon Division
11-28-2006, 11:33 PM
1. Harrisburg Lunatics (The best players from the Lunatics and Typhoon from last year equal maybe the best team in PIHA)
2. Pittsburgh Bandits (Ciolli and Plaugher will help this team)
3. Scottsdale Inferno (When they had all their guys last year they did good)
4. Richmond Rollin Robins (Same team as last year)
5. Marple Gladiators
6. Pottstown Express
7. York Typhoon
8. Feasterville Fury
I dont think anyone will compete with Harrisburg, I could see them going undefeated.
11-29-2006, 02:10 AM
1. Harrisburg - Amazing depth and experience. 5 of 14 all-stars from last years Eastern Conference team, including both goalies, and more players who could have been there. Mark down January 27th at the Bandits...
2. Pittsburgh - New name, new team. Return only 3 players from last years pro roster, and every addition is an impact player. Schedule will be the difference for the Bandits, as they don't leave Pittsburgh until March, but play 12 games on the road in 2 consecutive weekends. With 2 against the Tics, it will be hard for them to come home without a couple of losses...
3. Pottstown - Hard to tell where this team sits in the 2nd tier of the division. Likely will have some solid experience, and depending on their roster, could finish anywhere from 3rd to 6th...
4. Richmond - Gritty team that will get better this season. Have a significant home rink advantage with most teams playing them right after a 4 or more hour drive. Also have a relatively calm schedule that will help them make it to the playoffs...
5. Scottdale - A defensive-minded team with a slow home court, the Inferno surprised some teams last season, but had problems with players not being committed to traveling. Likely won't be as much of a problem this season, but they might not sneak up on teams so easily...
6. Marple - Another team that is hard to place, the Gladiators could also finish about anywhere depending on their roster. Hard to tell if they are 2nd or 3rd tier of the division, but will probably give a lot of teams some trouble either way...
7. York - It would be hard for any team to draw up a top team with Harrisburg right next door, but the Typhoon have been an elite team for so long, it's hard to imagine them not being competitive. That said, definitely a down year for them...
8. Feasterville - Having the Growl right next door plus being an expansion team with no previous history equals a long year. On top of that, their schedule isn't too friendly, with Harrisburg, at Scottdale, at Pittsburgh, and 4 at Richmond before the end of January. Would be hard for any team to survive past that, and near impossible for the expansion Fury...
11-29-2006, 02:47 AM
I agree with silver, pretty much the whole thing you have there except the express, i think that they are a 2-3 ranked team... they play a different style then most they run 8 guys all game, they used to beat the typhoon when cj and brian were there... i think they are the sleeper team that can upset harrisburg if anyone can
11-29-2006, 10:04 AM
I wouldn't count Feasterville out so soon. We have a few tricks up our sleeve!
11-29-2006, 10:58 AM
Aw come on Jeff, let's ro-sham-bo for 8th place on here. = )
I think everyone's gonna be a little suprised with what the Fury and Typhoon bring to the table this year, even with "elite" teams being in close proximity.
11-29-2006, 11:42 AM
I agree... I think it will be a dog fight for the final two playoff spots. I think the Pottstown team should definetely earn one, but the last one could go to anyone.
11-29-2006, 12:51 PM
I'll play ro-sham-bo with you anytime Frank. $1000.00 buy in is my minimum!
11-29-2006, 01:07 PM
You gotta put Feasterville last because they are an expansion team that nobody knows anything about them. Whos on their team that could change my mind from picking them last, no disrespect.
11-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Yes I can be partial to the Bandits. Just be careful! Adding Ciolli and Plaugher then with Roux and Hardin....
12-03-2006, 03:12 AM
No disrespect taken Silverman. Obviously tonight by splitting with the Lunatics we proved we are not going to being laying down for anybody!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.