11-05-2006, 09:56 AM
I have talked with some friends of mine and we have all come to a conclusion that the new PIHA site needs to be marketed better. When you search for PIHA the old site still comes up...Maybe provide a link to the new site through the old one. I bet the hits on the new site are low because it is a pain to find.
just my thoughts
11-11-2006, 12:21 AM
PIHA site str8 up just sucks. Where's the schedule??....Hell, I wonder if half the teams are even in the PIHA? There's NO information about them. Why even have a website? It's kinda like the Typhoon's site...holy crap! the first the practice was when? I hope I didn't miss it.
11-11-2006, 10:17 AM
Your post is a bit out dated...
11-11-2006, 01:18 PM
yeah great, but is it on the REAL site. Who manages that? Which site do you go to for up-to-date info?? I like the powerplay one. But half the time it redirects you. I guess I just want something to bitch about like everyone else.
11-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Just be patient, everything will be taken care of in the next week or so. I promise they are 100% on top of things now.
11-12-2006, 01:36 AM
I know, but I believe we are all just excited to get this year under way! It seems like the PIHA is moving in the right direction and I am honored to be a part of it. I am just ready to play!
11-12-2006, 01:29 PM
Down boy!! Down!! (Puts the crazy Shifty Monster back in his cage, and quickly drops in a raw steak)
I want to ask everyone that plays or enjoys PIHA and uses this forum a few questions. Maybe it will put the PIHA website stuff into perspective.
There are two sites out there. the piha "official league site" and the piha east site that covers the Northeast division, and some details for all other divisions. The official site currently is "Butt Ugly" but it works and is improving. The piha east site is eye pleasing, informative, and is also improving.
1. If you are all kinda like me (and I believe you are) and you use Inline hockey central enough to take the time to write posts here, and check it daily, then you are probably checking the other sites daily too. Correct? No? Starving for any new updated information on the league? Checking your own messages for replys, sometimes often? See what your buddies in the league are doing?
2. If that is the case. Do you visit both those above mentioned sites? I do.
3. Do you go to the many wonderfully created team websites? (amazing this year the quality work the teams have put into them and the media within them)
4. How much information can they put up there right now before the season begins? I mean, there are no stats, standings, league leaders. So half the information that would be contained in them isnt even available until games begin. If youre a team manager or coach or someone who posts this information to sites, as I am, writing articles before the season is incredibly hard. There is no material, and how much can you say or want to say about your teams practices and development before it starts to sound redundant and boring? I believe all that can be said in these league sites about the addition of new teams has already been played out, at least until the teams themselves either provide more details or get under their feet a little (and they will.) Teams are all very busy right now getting things together behind the scenes for their own clubs.
5. With the exception of its uninspiring look, the leagues website has all the basic information for the pre season except the schedule. Keep in mind that schedules are not all complete. I know with the Lunatics, that before we posted ours, had schedules and pocket schedules, and season tickets printed for the team that we had to call Charley Yoder, and each individual team to reconfirm each and every date and time personally to make sure there were no miscommunications with anything at all. Who wants things done half assed? Do you not think the league itself has an even harder job having to coordinate all division and teams schedules before posting? Keep in mind that many teams have just finished their tryouts a week or two ago. Some divisions probably havent even created their schedule. As the league grows, so do the complications of distance, communication, and regional differences with travel to and from clubs due to yearly climate and weather, and lets not forget that each team pretty much has to base their schedule upon the schedule that their home facility already has in place for other events that may supercede PIHA. PIHA is important to us, but it might not be to your facilities soccer, lacrosse, or ice hockey program, other than a rental (once a week or so). Show patience.
6. Isnt it cool to be able to go to every single site on a boring, rainy Sunday afternoon and read all you can? go to each league site, then visit the team sites? That there is even that much info out there is great!! Im willing to bet that most of you would be disapointed if you had only this forum to view. Now you have the option to check it all. You will wont you?
7. Each of you come here to write something. Much of it is incisive and thought provoking. Most of it is comical and interesting. Why not put that to use for your team? For your teams website? Post something good there! If you put something well writen together send it to Charley, or the webmaster of thepiha.com website. Send it by email, it takes seconds and everyone has word or some word processing program on their pc. Send it to Anthony Flynn, or Mike Burke. I know these two guys would post anything tastefully and informative about your team or your teams events and upcoming programs. Im willing to bet that Richard Graham here would do the same. I know he has for me in the past. They are all like us, Rich,Charley,Burke, Flynn, and the people who make this sport grow. They surely arent doing it for the profit. There isnt any. They are doing it for all of you. Contribute. These websites are great stuff, and they sit primarily empty and unrefreshed for a reason. They are looking for, begging for, more input and articles from people like you. Those who play and run it.
Just some thoughts........hmmmm.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.