View Full Version : Preseason Predictions
09-17-2006, 12:48 AM
Anybody have any preseason predictions, whos the contenders, who are the dark horses, who makes the all star teams?
09-17-2006, 05:46 PM
Growl: Defending Champs, Sullivan and Vivona leading the way
Boston: Gave the growl a good game could be a hint of how good they are
Harrisburg: the roster looks great
My Preseason Eastern Division Rankings
1) Philadelphia Growl
2) Harrisburg Lunatics
3) Boston Roller Rats
4) Morristown Minutemen
5) New Jersey Grizzlies
6) York Typhoon
8) Richmond Rollin Robins
9) Hartford Fire Ants
10) Pittsburgh Bandits
09-17-2006, 07:58 PM
I'm thinking the darkhorse could be Richmond, they held in tough games last year, even when they only brought 5 guys! I'm sure they built on alot last season.
Sure the Growl look like the Patriots, but Boston is going to be a good team. And Harrisburg is no doubt "stacked".
Growl is my Eastern prediction.
Can anyone predict the PIHA West?
09-17-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm not saying the bandits are going to win the division or anything, but i'll bet my soul, my appartment, and my balls that we wont finish last in the east...
09-17-2006, 11:21 PM
Ok you convinced me they can up.
1) Philadelphia Growl
2) Harrisburg Lunatics
3) Boston Roller Rats
4) Hartford Fire Ants
5) Morristown Minutemen
6) New Jersey Grizzlies
7) York Typhoon
9) Pittsburgh Bandits
10) Richmond Rollin Robins
09-17-2006, 11:55 PM
1: Growl- defending champs so they get this spot.
2:Lunatics-as long as we gell itll be hard to be us.
3:Boston:-know the team and what they are capable of, could be the best just not sure how they can play non contact.
4:-Grizzlies-Going to shock alot of people.
5:-Minutemen-not sure who is left from last year but always seem to play tough.
6:-Gladiators-play there every week and there is ALOT of young talent. Just need a goaltender...wink wink.
7:-Hartford-can only go on things ive heard. With Johnny P should move up a spot or two.
8:-Inferno-Tough home team, now as long as they could get some guys to travel.
9:-Typhoon-not sure who is left over, rebuilding year.
10:-Bandits-Showed promise last year but hear they are young this year, big question mark.
11:-Richmond-sorry guys, just talent in the Northeast seems to be too much.
09-18-2006, 09:05 AM
you are officially an idiot yokes. i cant wait for the season to start so that you see a big surprise from one of the bottom teams you ranked. there is a little secret not published about them yet. :) :) :) :) :)
09-18-2006, 12:05 PM
1. Growl- while we are the defending champs, we can't just sit back this season and pretend that we have won.
2. Lunatics- ridiculous roster this season, they always play stingy "D" as well, making it very tough to compete.
3. Roller Rats- gave us a good game at home, as long as they can adjust to non-contact and stay out of the box, they could easily be a contender in this league
4/5. Grizzlies/minutemen- who knows where some of these players went, i know a good bunch tried out for both, they both play in brutal small rinks that are tough for ANY visiting team, just ask us, we seem to split EVERYTIME we play them there.
6. Hartford will be good with johnny p. but i thought he was playing with the "Blaze"? well whichever of the Conn teams with JP with be very tough to beat and be a dark horse.
i think that after this it's a crap shoot... if teams like the inferno could ever roster a team on the road like they can at home, then they would give teams some real trouble... i think we know that best.
09-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Well idiot might be a little harsh! Think what you just posted to me, there is a little something not posted yet...that would mean that unless my mind reading skills come back soon i dont know the LITTLE secret so it wouldnt change my predictions.
09-18-2006, 01:05 PM
My bad, i went overboard on the idiot comment, just got a little mad.
09-18-2006, 01:35 PM
Im not contesting that im dumb, just not a complete idiot.;)
09-18-2006, 01:40 PM
Here are my predictions...
1. Harrisburg Lunatics - Steve Ying will win the scoring title as they dominate this division
2. Pittsburgh Bandits - I don't think anyone should expect the same team from last year, with many of the talented minors moving up they will be the best shot at beating the Tics.
3. Pottstown Express - Surely made up of most of the old Nasty Boyz, my only question is who is in net with Rohrbach in Harrisburg.
4. Scotsdale Inferno - They have beat top teams before and that gives them an edge in confidence over newer teams and goaltending is a strong spot for them.
5. Marple Gladiators - Young talented players from last years team were impressive, but they will need more depth and a goaltender for sure.
6. Richmond Rollin Robins - Strong goaltending can't be there only asset this year, they had a decent first line which matched up well against other teams second alst year, again more depth needed here.
7. Feasterville Fury - Historically the first year for anyone is tough, there is a lot of talent in this region so it probably wont be to long until they compete, but not this year.
8. York Typhoon - Devistated year by year with departures, they have finally run out of big guns. With no real talent pool to draw from, it looks to be a tough year for this team ahead.
1. Philadelphia Growl - Will be tested in a tough division, but still deeper then everyone else. best goaltending in the league doesnt hurt.
2. New Jersey Grizzlies - Dennis knows how to put together a winner. Several young talented players will make it tough to win, especially at ISCA.
3. Boston Roller Rats - Very tough, very skilled the only question is how different will there roster be from there championship MLRH roster.
4. Connecticut Blaze - While I think the last playoff spot in this division will really be a toss up between them or Mass, I give the edge to any team who has the best one on one player in the league Johnny P.
5. Massachusetts Bombers - A veteren team is a bit of a dark horse in this division and could surprise many teams with some surprising upsets.
6. Hartford Fire Ants - Little is known about this team except they have a few former Thunder players and seems well organized.
7. Morristown Minutemen - The biggest mystery in the league. Other then Havelock who is on this team? Much like the Ants, its tough to consider them contenders when you have no idea who the core of the team is going to be.
Teams with a shot to get to the finals:
No real clue here, but I wouldnt bet against Ryan Clemens, the kid is damn good.
09-18-2006, 03:21 PM
good job anthony, i think you're right on with about everything you said. i was kinda hoping our team would go into the season as more of an unknown, but truth be told, we're a totally different team than the team the pretty much quit at the end of last season... i was glad you did it by division because i was curious to see where teams like marple and feasterville would end up playing. i think we'll have a much better idea of where everyone stands after we see a few more rosters... good luck to everyone this year
09-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Good post flynn very detailed. I think top 2 contenders have to be the Growl and Lunatics with a few challengers like Boston, Bandits, Connecticut(bc of JohnP), and Grizzlies.
I think Sean Sullivan will win the scoring title and possibly MVP.
09-18-2006, 11:00 PM
Clearly in the east he is the most talented offensive player, but I said Ying because I believe the Mason Dixon Division will be a bit softer, where as the Growl will have a tougher schedule with the likes of Hartford, ISCA, and Boston. Who knows though, we shouldnt forget there are going to be brand new players in ST Louis and Canada, not to mention two guys in Colorado named Yingling and Yoder.
09-18-2006, 11:34 PM
flynner, any idea when we're gonna get an official look at the teams and divisions? charley back from st. louis yet?
hard to guess at a scoring leader... i'd say brian ying out west and sauce in the east... he just finds points... power play, shorthanded, goals, assists... then again jimmy could put up 2 goals and 140 assists and take the crown... hard to say...
09-19-2006, 12:28 AM
When does the official schedule come out?
Does every team have their rosters posted yet?
Most likely to win the scoring in the east is either Sullivan,Pinheiro, or Yingling. In the west Yingling.
09-19-2006, 03:17 AM
I am uncertain to the answers to all of these questions. The deadline for team entry is Oct. 1, so I imagine that what is on the website come that date will be what we should expect for the season. I know several teams have yet to send in paper work and that is all that is preventing them from popping up on the website. As for rosters, I would check individual team sites for that information. The schedule will not be available until some time in late October after scheduling meetings take place.
09-20-2006, 12:14 PM
as far as the west is concerned, we really do not know who is going to do what yet. tryouts for the Thunder and Prowlers are coming up 10-1-06 and 10-5-06. i am hearing that there are going to be big changes on all 5 teams. Catz are going to be out of Fort Collins so that is going to bring in many new players so excpect a whole new team out of them. Westminster Blizzard is going to be a contender with Casey Dreax and Matt Turner leading the way. As far as the Littleton Fire go, well its all up in the air right now but they should be ok. I will be able to better tell you guys after the tryouts are over. Many players moving from one team to another makes it to difficult to predict anything at this point.
09-20-2006, 01:20 PM
brian and cj playing on the same team this season?
09-20-2006, 02:12 PM
cj and brian on the same team this year? right now, thats the rumor. if it happens, it would be a scary duo. they are both fantastic players. they would either be on the prowlers or the thunder.
09-21-2006, 02:10 PM
playing against them on the typhoon were very scary through the years... west would be all but won if that happens
09-21-2006, 03:57 PM
i dont know if you can give cj and brian the title in the west just yet. there are alot of fantastic players out here doug fetz, eric boggenrief, shane carroll,shane hayden, matt turner, brian rogers, and so on. colorado has 5 good teams. granted having both cj and brian on the same team makes it difficult on the rest of the division. we do not know who their team consists of yet. many of the states top players are still floating around, you can say. where they land is antbodys geuse. if they do have a strong supporting cast however i would agree and say they are the favorites. one good thing about the west is that you have no idea on who is going to come out on top. all 5 teams are so evenly matched that anyone can win on any given night. at least that is the way it was last year. fantastic games throughout the entire season.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.